In November CD Project Red teams announced the good news to Gerald adventure fans: a new generation update will be available very soon for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. A mythical title of the franchise that has enchanted the players over the years and, even seven years after its release, is still one of the most popular open world RPGs, alongside Skyrim and Elden Ring. But then. What are the differences with the Old-Gen version?
This time, Witcher fans will be able to discover The Witcher 3 on Xbox Series and PlayStation 5 from December 14, 2022, all in high quality.
A comparison between the two generations
In a Life of CD Project Red, the company has revealed more information about this state-of-the-art update that will include a DLC based on the recent Netflix series, where you can embody Gerald and its Armor Henry Cavill version. In addition to all this, here is a summary of the main improvements that this long-awaited new version will contain:
- A 60 FPS version available or 30 fps with Ray Tracing for PC/PS5/Xbox Series
- Graphic improvement of textures and models up to 4K.
- A performance/quality mode for the PS5/Xbox series
- The ability to save on various platforms through the cloud, allowing the same game to be reproduced in different media
- A photo mode
- Tactile feedback for PS5 controls, allowing a deeper immersion
- A more dynamic and clean minimal as you explore the world (it’s customizable)
- Many combat enhancements, especially for magical, more dynamic and less-scored by menus uses.
It is possible to observe a clear improvement in the lighting level and texture of each object: the grass is more flexible and the candle fire seems almost real. Which dramatically improves your experience in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
a free update
CD Project Red has really decided to delight its community with this next update that will be… Full free. So the owners of the game on PlayStation 4 will be able to play it on PlayStation 5, Xbox One will have access to Xbox Series, and PC’s will only have a free download update.
These changes will surely make new players board the journey of The Witcher 3, as well as making veterans face Gerald’s whole story once again.